Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summerteeth

Happy belated Fourth of July! We had a great time cooking out at a few different friends' houses over the glorious three-day weekend. Fox ran his 7th consecutive Peachtree Road Race (have we really been in Atlanta that long?!). For you non-Atlantans, the Peachtree is the world's largest 10k. I heard that recently a Canadian 10k has claimed that honor, but I refuse to acknowledge it. Regardless, Fox ran it, and Annabel and I met him at the finish line. It was Annabel's first time in the jogging stroller (though we were just walking). She really liked looking at everything -- in her other stroller, she faces backward (looking at me) and is up high. In the jogging stroller, she faces forward and sits down lower. I think she got a better view of all the festivities, and I had an easier time pushing her on grass. She'll be big enough to jog in the stroller soon. I can't believe she's almost six months old. She's definitely looking more like a little girl and less like a newborn these days:









She has almost mastered sitting up on her own, which is exciting for me. I hate having to lay her down all the time -- I always feel like she's mushing her head. However, I recognize that once she sits up well on her own, crawling is just around the corner, and then it will be nonstop chaos for the next six years. There is a certain easiness in knowing she isn't going to go too far when I put her down. She's getting a little squirmier in my arms now too.



She decided to be nonphotogenic for once. Attagirl, be like your mom. Do something awkward when the camera is around. Even awkward is cute on her though.


Annabel is working on getting some teeth these days. None have popped through yet, but she's putting everything in her mouth, drooling some, and not being an awesome sleeper. I feel bad for her. I certainly don't remember what teething is like, but I'm sure it is a painful and confusing endeavor. That is what keeps me calm and friendly when she wakes up and wants to nurse at 1 a.m.... and 4 a.m.


Lately I've gotten excited about making baby food. We're going to start feeding Annabel solids in less than two weeks, and I'm looking forward to steaming and pureeing some veggies. I think she's really going to like eating food. Maybe I'm just saying that because she's putting everything in her mouth these days, but I think she likes trying new things, so hopefully it will be successful. Don't worry -- Fox will be standing by with the camera. I'm sure some fun pictures will ensue.



I'm doing a better job enjoying each stage of Annabel's development without wishing to rush to the next milestone. It's hard because I'm dying to see her crawl and teach her to walk, to hear her voice and see what funny things she says -- but I know once all those things happen, our time with her as a baby is over. So for now, I'm really just enjoying her as a baby with no rush. I am curious to see what she'll look like as a little girl though. Fox looks just like he did as a baby. You could pick him out of a baby line-up with no problem at all. I really don't look much now like I did as a baby, which I've always thought was strange. I'm sure you can guess who's who.






Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. she is the PERFECT blend of you guys - she's soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to acknowledge the Canadian usurpers as well. They're lucky we don't bomb them for their hubris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S., Annabel is a doll. The first 2 pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this:) so grateful you blog!

    ReplyDelete