Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm on a boat!

Last weekend, we went to two baby showers! Annabel and I went to the Lynns' shower to welcome baby Sydney, then all three Foxes went to the Lioons' shower to welcome baby Lioon (we don't know the sex yet, much less a name... those dang Lioons, with their love of surprises. Don't they know I hate waiting to find out? The nerve!). Both showers were wonderful, and a good time was had by all Foxes. We can't wait to meet the new babies next month!

This weekend, we went to the lake with our good friends the Williams. We have been very excited about this for some time. I bought Annabel a life jacket about a month ago in preparation, and I left it on the kitchen table to torture myself every time I saw it. (Do you get a feel for how bad I am with anticipation? You should see me at Christmas. I have been known to remove tape and peek at presents. I'm the worst.). So Friday rolled around, and we headed out of the city to lovely Lake Sinclair. After a stop at the slowest Moe's in the world (c'mon Conyers -- you can do better than this), we got to the lake house around 9:30. It was raining and late, so we put the kids to bed and had some grown-up time indoors with the Williams.

Saturday was beautiful -- just overcast enough to not be scorching hot. We took Annabel's first boat ride*. She enjoyed the life jacket a lot more than I expected. She also slept for the majority of the ride. With the nice breeze and motion of the boat, it's easy to see why.


*Annabel actually rode on a boat in utero on Lake Toxaway with Anna & Justin, MoJo, and the Eads. She has told me that she does not remember this, so it doesn't count.

Fox and I also enjoyed the boat ride very much.



Oh no, the wind is in our hair, let us fix it before the photo. There, that's better.



I got a Baby Hut for Annabel that boasts 50+ SPF. I am somewhat neurotic about protecting her sweet skin. She's even in the Baby Hut indoors!


We got two thumbs up on the Baby Hut. Even the Williams' four-year old, Jack, liked hanging out in the Baby Hut. He sat in there with Annabel, and she giggled for a good 15 solid minutes at him. Unfortunately, that was on the deck, and I did not have my camera.

Annabel's buddy Tillie felt like it was time to do something about Annabel's hair, so she took matters into her own hands.



Annabel wanted to return the favor. She felt like maybe Tillie's pants were a little crooked.



There we go -- everybody's looking good.



We had a lovely dinner in downtown Milledgeville at The Brick. I can't get over what a cute town Milledgeville is. It has Georgia College & State University, which has a beautiful campus and gives it a liberal arts feel. It has a historic downtown with restaurants, coffee shops, book stores, and bars. And it has many lovely Antebellum homes. Our favorite of which is Andalusia, Flannery O'Connor's Georgia estate, where she lived as an adolescent and also as adult. It's where she lived when both of her novels and her most famous collection of short stories was published and also where she died. We did not go to Andalusia on this trip (we've been before), but we did drive by it on our way back from dinner and gave it a big wave. It's pretty special to just casually drive by the place where one of your favorite writers lived and died. We told Annabel a little about her.







This week has been pretty momentous, even aside from our lake adventure with the Williams (though of course, that was the highlight -- the Williams are tops in our book.). Annabel has been sitting up unassisted like a champ (if I'm not right there, I still put her in the Bumbo seat though -- I don't want to risk bonking her head). She's been rolling around really well too. She even sleeps on her stomach sometimes by her choice. And, on Wednesday night, a tooth broke through. You can't really see it well, but it is as sharp as the dickens. She's been really happy since that happened. I'll get a photo of the tooth soon. I also took some pictures of her sitting up by herself, but I think we'll wait until next time to post those. Maybe I can even sneak a post in Tuesday night when Sweet Bug turns SIX MONTHS OLD!! Where does the time go? Suddenly I understand every cliched easy listening song. It's weird.








Regardless, come back next week at least for pictures of Annabel Jane eating food!






Food? Yes, please. Nom, nom, nom...

4 comments:

  1. what sweet pictures. love the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her bonnet and I CAN'T WAIT to meet her on Saturday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. remind me to tell you about my milledgeville experience sometime...

    I still maintain - CUTEST BABY EVER!

    ReplyDelete