Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Waiting for Christmas

I can't believe it's three days until Christmas! I know it's really four, but we Moores have always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. I think we just get too excited to wait any longer. This probably explains my lack of patience with all things pregnancy. I was dying to find out the sex of the baby, dying to see what she looked like, and now I'm just dying to meet her, though I'm taking the advice of my friends who are parents and enjoying these times when I can sleep all through the night, go out to dinner, etc. I know that Fox and I won't have all this alone time ever again, so we're trying to enjoy it through all the anticipation and excitement.

My fantastic friends at work threw a surprise shower for me. One of my bosses told me that we had a meeting with a big client the next day. I updated our docket for the client, wore something nice, and headed to the conference room with my boss. Next thing I know, a room full of coworkers and streamers was greeting me. They totally got me -- I had no idea. We had the cutest cake and petits fours, and everyone was so generous with their gifts. And they invited Fox! It's always such a treat to get to see him during the workday.


We like to joke that I should have hyphenated my last name and opened a law firm called Fox & Moore-Fox


My crafty friend Dawn crocheted this lovely afghan for Baby Fox, and my thoughtful friend Natasha had a onesie made for Baby Fox to support her dad's rockin' band.

The nursery is almost finished. Fox put the last coat of paint on the dresser last night, and hopefully tonight we'll move it in and put the finishing touches on the nursery. I hope to share some photos with you next week. Fox put the birth mix together into a playlist, and I've started packing the hospital bag. We are getting so close -- 25 days until the due date!

We're superbusy getting ready for Christmas here. Since I can't travel, everyone is coming to me, which is a little overwhelming. I did cave in and get our first cleaning person ever to come clean the house. She spent several hours here today, and it was really nice to come home to a clean house. Of course, I spent several hours last night getting everything ready for her to come, and several hours today worrying that the cats were not happy with a stranger in the house. She was really nice though and did a great job. She may be coming back once Baby Fox makes her grand entrance.

Speaking of Baby Fox's grand entrance, lately it feels like she is about to burst into the world Alien-style. She is moving around a lot and feels really strong. We go to the doctor tomorrow (we go every week now) and they are going to try to estimate her weight. Check in with us next week to get the details. Baby Fox will be as long as a stalk of Swiss chard. Yum!

I almost forgot... I promised photos of the silver dress from 1997.


1 comment:

  1. Ok that cake is just so adorable! I can't believe you're going to have a baby in a month! So very excited for you.

    PS I miss my old figure but my dress above could really use an iron?

    ReplyDelete