Monday, April 25, 2011

Hoppy Easter



We had a lovely first Easter with Annabel. We went to church, then had a fantastic brunch at Radial Cafe (biscuits and vegetarian gravy!) which Annabel slept through, then spent the rest of the day hanging out together at home as a family. Annabel was a trooper during church. She made it through the entire service and even went up with me for communion. She was wearing one of my dresses and bonnets. It was her first foray into the world of bonnets. Mom swears that I loved them as a baby (I really think that means that I let her put them on me without complaint), and Annabel didn't mind it a bit either. She did continue to untie the ribbon and put the edge of the ruffle in her mouth. She looked supercute, which is a good thing because there are tons of my bonnets awaiting her as she grows.








After brunch, our sweet little Bug indulged me through a ridiculous photo session that involved her sitting in her Easter basket, a stuffed chick prop, and an outfit change. I think I might have gotten a bit carried away. I tiptoe ever closer to the terrifying world of Anne Geddes. Someone needs to stop me before it is too late. Here is the most disapproving face I got.





Though it was followed by this one:


I think she likes her new friend






It was a swell day, though I'm excited about future egg hunts, egg dyeing, making sugar eggs, getting up at the crack of dawn to see what sweet treats the Easter bunny brought, and attempting to explain the importance of Easter without it being terrifying or trivial.



I set the goal that we would take the bed out of Annabel's room on Easter and start sleeping in our bedroom again. Fox and I realized that we weren't quite ready yet and maybe Easter wasn't the right day to make this big change. I'm pretty sure this is a much harder change for us than for Annabel, but regardless, we are planning to go through with it on Wednesday. I am excited about rearranging the nursery to be more nursery-like, which has been somewhat impeded by the presence of the bed. I just find myself very resistant to change in a time that is filled with constant change. But Easter is about a major change, right? Can I do it? Check back and see.



Until then, The Foxes Three signing off!



3 comments:

  1. Most adorable pics; I love the grin in the basket. ==:0) I still need to meet her! When can I come a callin'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally do it! And I bet you'll love sleeping back in your room too! She looks adorable, glad you guys had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. elizabeth, she is so adorable cannot wait to see her at the marathon.

    ReplyDelete